The Church of Our Lady of Kazan
Address: The 420088 Republic of Tatarstan
city, Pervaya Vladimirskaya str., 21 A
Tel.: (843) 273-16-44
Tsaritsyno was one of the earliest Russian settlements in the land of Kazan. The Church and a parish existed there as far as in 1560-s. The contemporary two-altared church was built in 1825-1829 at the expenses of its parishioners that were the apanage peasants from Tsaritsino settlement and Aki village. The Empire style of the church is typical to that historic period. At the end of 1940-s Tsaritsino came to be within the precincts of Kazan. The simple village church turned into the big urban parish one, which was not shut down even during the Great Patriotic War. In the 1960s, it was a period of “Khrushchov’s thaw”, it was decided to reorganize the church as it was located far from the city centre into a cathedral church of the diocese of Kazan, whereas St. Nicholas cathedral should have been pulled down. But due to the grace of God this plans were not fulfilled.